the time has arrived






  







Good day!  It's autumn, it truly is!  The time for knits has arrived and, after much pleading from the girls, I dug out the mittens and hats and scarves and made them accessible for outdoor play, even though it's really still warm enough to play with just a jacket (or just a hat, or just a scarf) over their play clothes.

Speaking of play clothes, since we have a hay barn nearby where the kids decided to write poetry all afternoon perched on the edge of the bales, the knits and jeans and hair was all full of bits of hay and their smiles stretched huge.

I had so many orders on the Forest Friends Hoods with the discount I was offering, it was perfect and I'll be sharing pictures from you all soon. In the meantime, there's Rosie the Sweetest Fox ever... and a sneak peek at the Heidi Hat that Lyddie loves to wear. I'll be posting the Heidi Hat soon in the shop, but I need to grab photos of all the color choices available first.  It's knit in such a soft merino blend, and has the best squishy feeling to it!

Firewood has been delivered, chopped, and stacked, and we are ready for cozy evenings snuggled up with a bowl of popcorn, a book, handiwork, and, well, yeah, Netflix. What are you watching lately?  We're making our way through the many seasons of Dr. Who after being told by friends for years that we really needed to see them.  Turns out they were right; we are enjoying them.  On nights Jesse goes to bed earlier than I do, I'm finishing up the second season of The Crown since he doesn't care much for historical dramas and I love them. 

The red sweater Rosie has on is the Bulle sweater I knit for Lyddie years ago. It's held up beautifully through three busy and active little girls!  It might be my favorite knit ever, the fit is so darling.  

***Oh, and please keep our Millie-girl in your prayers: she jumped from a shed roof  this weekend, apparently under the impression that she could fly, and fractured her ankle which means a cast for at least six weeks and no ballet which of all things leaves her the most heartbroken.  I am so thankful that she didn't injure herself worse; this really was probably the best case scenario given the situation, but three days in to the cast and her seven-year-old-patience is already wearing thin with feeling left out all the time. ***


Comments

Popular Posts